Here's the thing. I LOVE parents. I love them so much. Parents rock.
I am also a highly professional person. I can talk the talk, I can very politely convince a parent that their child is a monster without them even realizing what has just happened. Me & Parents are "Likethis".
However, this is not a story of how my charm was put into action to positive effects.
Here are a dew tidbits from my recent Academic Review Day.
(On the Phone): "Hello, is this Jack's Dad?"
"No, it's his Mum."
Woops.
"Hey, it's Dani......... Sampson, from Wilmington Academy" Woops.
(Hey, it's Dani is not my usual greeting for phone interviews)
"Dude, what are you doing in Maths lessons" - to a child, failing Maths, in front of his Mom.
Great work all around.
But here's the best pickle of all...
The next day...
"Miss are you Single?"
"No, I'm dating various male teachers around the school." (My students give me a new boyfriend, daily)
"Oh. Okay, never mind then."
"Why?"
"My Dad really likes you!"
To which I get really awkward - her Dad being a 40-year-old overwhelming large man.
"YOU COULD BE MY STEPMOM!!!"
Jesus Christ. Time to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment