There is absolutely nothing worse than spending a weekend marking.
At my school they mark student notebooks. Like the equivalent of those binders you left in your locker over the weekend and never dusted off until exam season... remember those? Ya, well as a teacher in England, I am responsible for marking those and making sure you are keeping on top of it. SO much work!
The weekend following Bristol & before half-term I literally spent an entire weekend marking notebooks. I don't understand what more to write other than "yes, you wrote your notes" or "no, you did not". BLAH!
I also marked my students first GCSE test and the year 9s, doing Year 11 work produced 2 Cs and an array of Ds (very impressive for the student body of my school - remember they are doing work 2 years above their grade level.) Pretty cool for me, maybe I have taught them something after all... maybe....
No comments:
Post a Comment