Monday, April 25, 2011

Dani does "Flare Path" with Sienna Miller

Alexis and I bought tickets to see the fabulous Sienna Miller (Jude Law's ex-hunny/baby mama) on the stage in West London. The day of, Lex was really sick, and KB ended up stepping in as my date for the play. We bought the tickets on www.lastminute.com which is a sweet site for deals on theatre tickets, hotels, flights, etc.

The reason they were SUCH a steal (supremely cheap for high-end London theatre starring an actual London movie actress) was because they were SOO far back. I mean, the farthest back possible. I mean our back rest was the back wall.
I was a bit concerned about our ability to see the show, but it turned out to be perfectly fine. We could see and hear everything as if we were right up next to it.
The show was about a World War 2 pilot's actress wife (who was of course having an affair with her director) and how she has to choose between them. It was so incredibly good. I thought it would be balls of cheese all over the place, but it was just so heartfelt and touching. And these actors were just, well, professional. Everything they said and did you BELIEVED. When they were happy, so were you, and when they were sad, you felt miserable.
In conclusion, another night well spent in Londontown.

No comments:

Post a Comment