I solemnly swear to write positive things about my students soon. Some days they are little rays of sunshine, and I fully believe that all these kids need is some love and affection. It is always more interesting, however, to write about the bad behaviour than the good, right? If they were perfect smiling angels all the time (or even some of the time) I would have very little to talk about. This story is one for the record books of bad behaviour.
I am standing in my Year 10 class (who I will only rarely ever talk or write about because they are LOVELY, stand-up human beings who do well and work hard), when this angry little bugger swings my door open and starts screaming death threats at one of my students. I march over to the door, and tell him to go away. He says “What are you going to do about it, Miss.” My department head walks up from down the hall and grabs him and marches him away saying “I’ll tell you what I’m going to do about it.”
The class continues.
A while later, the door swings open again. The same kid, now even more aggravated, stands in my door way shouting death threats at this same student again. So I walk up to the door to tell him off, and he puffs out his chest as if he’s going to fight me. An argument between him and I ensues at the door and before long he is trying to push past me into the classroom. I shoved the door with all my might (and, let’s face it, adrenaline at this point), slam it shut and lock him out. I then went back to the front of the class and attempted to continue teaching. Angry boy then begins to try to KICK my door in. YES. KICK. MY. DOOR. IN. The whole door is shaking, and I am looking around my class of nerds and do-gooders, knowing full well that if he were to burst into the room, no one in here had a fighting chance against him. Suddenly, he stopped (I found out later that one of my colleagues had heard the commotion from his classroom across the hall and dragged him away).
I left the door locked, just to be safe.
A little while later someone was knocking at my door, and the two massively muscular gym teachers were at the door, and took the student who the angry kid was threatening and basically bodyguarded him down to the office, into safety.
Not my favourite moment so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment