Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dani does the Louvre and Takes a Lovely Stroll Up Champ D'Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe

...and it was magical...

The Louvre, I'm not going to lie, was deathly boring. Heather and I took it upon ourselves to ruin it for everyone (well, everyone English speaking), around us by mocking the headless statues, and naked baby paraphenalia the whole time.
I just don't think I understand the draw of the Mona Lisa. She is a plain, quite frankly, ugly woman who is sitting in front of nothing. In a heinous frame. Mounted on a wall in Paris for all eternity. Cool. I have no art appreciation, except for aesthetics, and aesthetically, the Mona Lisa sucks. And the European obsession with cherubs (aka Naked babies) is creepy.
The Louvre is, however, absolutely stunning from the outside.





Life Check List - Mona Lisa - Check.
 After vacating the Louvre, we took a lovely stroll through the gardens, and headed up Champ D'Elysees (Paris' 5th Avenue, or Oxford Street) to see the Arc De Triomphe, stopping en route to take in the beauty of our surroundings and to get a Nutella-filled freshly made crepe.



2 comments:

  1. Dani, you should probably look at your pictures and then look at how you spell champs elysees! lol.
    (p.s. i don't know how to do accents on here, in case you're gonna mock my spelling as well.)

    ReplyDelete