Friday, December 3, 2010

Dani is in Awe of Her Form Kids and How Wonderful They Are!

I promised to start writing positive things about my students so here is one:

My form kids are the bain of most teacher's existance. The three Year 9 boys I have in my form go out of their way to entice and irritate other students, teachers, each other, themselves. Somehow I find them to be quite charming young lads and I enjoy having them around, likely because I don't actually have to teach them anything. Naturally, I don't expect too much of them, except maybe a witty joke, a sacrcastic comment about one of the other teachers or a DJ request (yes, this happens in my form - my Year 11 boy DJs for us occassionally), so it was to my shock and amazement when they came in with this wonderful idea - they want to raise money for Cancer Research (a cause very close to some of their hearts). We are now officially in the middle of a massive project to start fundraising for Cancer Research. They did this all on their own.
My classroom now features a loose change jar (which the boys then chase students and teachers down with and is actually getting quite full, quite fast), and come January we are starting a full force fundraising campaign!
So Proud!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment