Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dani Grows Fed Up with The Attack

The Attack has gradually gone from a cute ADHD kid who is a little weird, but a big source of entertainment to the bain of my daily existence.
I hope he will discontinue this in the future, but for now he has been temporarily removed from my classroom...indefinitely.

This story is the breaking point:

The child walks into my class 10 minutes late. After making a fuss over excuses and distracting the whole class for 5 minutes he sits down at a table by himself. 5 minutes pass while I teach my almost perfectly quiet class (my Year 9s are never perfect). The Attack decides that my mid-sentence instruction is a perfect opportunity to rearrange my classroom. Apparently my standard-row seating plan was not up-to-snuff for The Attack. The Attack proceeds to drag the large desk he was sitting at across the room and forces it up against another student's desk, where he decides that is a good spot for it, and he goes back for his chair, brings it over and plops down. Great.
So I finish the instructions, and go over to have a talk with my pal, Attack.
"Was it neccessary for you to move the table across the room while I was speaking?"
"Miss, they were making fun of my mum."
Stoner Child (who I will have to write a post about at some point) decides to chime in "Miss, we weren't making fun of her, we were just saying how hot she is". Great Stoner Child. Great.
So I attempt to sort out this situation by telling Stoner Child not to talk about The Attack's mum anymore.

The Attack sits quietly for a while, and then starts mumbling something loudly to himself. Someone alerts my attention by yelling "Miss, Attack is swearing!!". Great. Then I hear the Attack loudly exclaim "blah, blah, blah VAGINA." (I didn't hear all of it.. just the important bit). So I tell the Attack I have just simply had enough of him. He'll need to go outside and cool off. He basically kicks and screams his way out the door, shouting a stream of profanties, and just before getting to the door, he wheels back, grabs the stool I sit on in the front of the class, and takes it with him. He then perches on the stool outside my door, swinging the door open occassionally to shout at me for kicking him out and pleading to be let back in. His constant distractions were doing my head in, and one of my other students decided it was time to lock him out. After hitting the door a few times The Attack gave up.
I spoke to him after, but that was unproductive. He spent most of the time yelling at me about fairness. Well Attack, is it fair to the other 27 kids in the room that you demand all of the attention of your poor English teacher and she can't teach because you can't spend 5 minutes being sane?
Anyways, I marched into the office of my small school (Gryffindor, I like to call it) and announced "The Attack" is doing my head in.
My boss looks at me, deadpan, straight in the face and simply says "It took you until December. Dani, that's impressive."

The Attack, we are through... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment