Friday, December 3, 2010

Dani and Landon find INSPIRATION!

We arrived at the Churchill War Rooms behind two classes of English school children (they follow me around to ruin my life), and so the start of our tour was a bit crowded. I have no idea where these school children were from but they were ridiculously well-behaved. My students would never just walk in a nice straight line through a museum and not touch and break everything. Or spit on the walls. Or bang their heads off each other. They can barely walk from my classroom to the hall for assemblies (a walk that requires going through the ever-stimulating OUTSIDE oooh wow, I know!) without killing one another. I am sooo jealous of the teachers of this school. And what I noticed about the teachers of this school is they still treated their students like they were doing something wrong, just always on their cases. If I had these students I would just hug them. 

Anyways, the museum was awesome. We got to basically go inside the mind of Winston Churchill and learned all about the effort put in that finally won the war.


Landon wants to be Winston



Uncanny.



Winston <3s Canada
 

One BadAss Mo' Fo'
 We spent several hours underground in the war rooms, exploring and learning a ton about how Churchill finally brought an end to Hitler's reign of terror. It was very, very cool.
We resurfaced in London feeling inspired and continued to tour the town. We took a lovely stroll through St. James Park and saw the eccletic array of birds that the park provides a home for - including one duck with a broken leg that just absolutely made my heart ache. Knowing that I could do nothing for this duck, we moved on.
St. James Park is a lovely, big, open space with a large pondish river running through it, and it serves on main purpose for tourists of London - to bring them safely to Buckingham Palace!

Sooo excited by Buckingham Palace

Woo!




This is Canada Gate. Each of the British Colonies has a gate around Buckingham Palace "protecting the monarchy". We love Canada's gate.
 





















 After this it got too dark to continue taking ridiculous pictures. Things we also saw that were not documented: Leicester Square, Traflagar Square (featuring the Canadian embassy) & We Will Rock You (which did not, NOT, NOT rock us).

No comments:

Post a Comment