....and spend my morning getting some things done. Like packing, and laundry. Woo hoo!
I am en route this fine morning to check on my Year 10 students who are doing work placements, which is a 10 minute walk from my house. So naturally I planned the meeting for the start of my work day, and am going to casually stroll to work after that. Sneaky, sneaky.
Yesterday, after trying really hard to step out quietly, I was sold out to the students for leaving them. The headteacher of my Gryffindor house, let's call her McGonagall, as they have striking similarities anyways, announced to the whole house that I was leaving to the big GROAN and MOAN of my students.
I was then stormed and demanded explanations of for the last 1/2 hour of school (who was letting these kids out of form to storm into mine, I'm really not sure, but it was happening.) Oddest thing of all is it was my nightmare Year 9s who were the most indignant about me leaving.
Anyways, it was really cute, as my form asked "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?"
and I said "I just really want to go home to my family."
Them - "Are you homesick, Miss?"
"Ya, I'm really homesick."
"Will you send us postcards from Canada?"
"Of course!"
"Okay, you can go then.."
So sweet.
Somehow in all of their awfulness, I have grown very attached to these crazy children over the year. There are some I will really miss, which I would not have thought in September.
Le sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment