Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dani does Canadian Colleagues

After heading back into Dartford, I took refuge at the House that Canada Built (aka a house of Canadian teachers who have been here for a year or so already, which features multiple Canadian flags on the wall, and various Canadian and European magnets on the fridge. They also had Tim Horton’s coffee and made us Poutine! Just . Like. Home.) Understanding our position, from the previous year when they were homeless and starting their jobs, they gladly took in Kari and I and spoiled us rotten. After couch surfing at Geoff’s for several days, I took up refuge on the pull-out couch (lovingly named the flip-and-fuck, for its uncomfortable, but convenient floor-mattress style). After a night of very little sleep, I went to Wilmington Academy to meet the school I’ll be working in for the next year, and my Canadian colleagues, more on them later on, I’m sure. There are at least 20 Canadians residing in the Dartford area, and they are all super fantastic (as usual for Canadians).

No comments:

Post a Comment